a) To be admitted to the PhD in ICT program the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Hold a Master’s degree in ICT, Information System, Computer Science or equivalent qualifications
- Other Master’s degree level upon individual evaluation
- We also admit students with bachelor’s degree to the PhD program. However, such students would typically have outstanding academic backgrounds and will obtain an M.Phil. from ICT-U in the process of their Ph.D. program. Such students would take about a year longer than the students coming in with a Masters degree.
- Competence in English is required.
b) The student must present an application to the graduate committee consisting of:
- Completed Application form. This form MUST be completed online and a copy of the completed form and supporting documents MUST also be mailed to our address.
- Submit official transcripts of all university-level studies. Official transcripts must be in sealed envelopes as issued by the institution(s) you have attended. Request a current transcript from every post-secondary school that you have attended, including undergraduate and post graduate schools, community colleges, summer sessions and extension programs.
- Statement of Research Interest: This is mainly a tentative plan for research and a description of your plans beyond the doctorate. This document should be five pages total (One page for plans beyond the doctorate and four pages for the tentative research topic and proposal).
- Three letters of recommendation (at least one of these letters must come from the applicant’s former lecturer).
All materials above should be mailed to:The ICT University Office of Admissions and RecordsPO Box 86236Baton RougeLA 70879, USA